Pages

7.27.2009

How About a Checklist?

Ye gods! I don't think this will ever be over. I've laid pretty low today,  though, because my blood pressure's up so high that my feet are all swollen and tingly, and I've been pale and clammy. I slept mostly, but I did pull nails, washed all of the antique plates that were on the walls, laundered the lace curtains and filled a couple of boxes. Nettl did everything else today, bless her. Yesterday, we painted from about 2 in the afternoon to 11 at night, not to mention all of us packing the van and the pickup and unloading them...

We were supposed to pick up Dr. Kielbasa at the airport in Tulsa about right now (remember, that's a little over an hour's drive away), but he keeps getting delayed. He just called again to say that he won't get in until 1:45 am. Oy. Well, at least I slept the day away; I'll be able to stay awake.

So far, we've painted:
  1. Joel's room
  2. Dining room
  3. Living room
  4. Wine room
  5. I cut the guys' bathroom
We still have left:
  1. Roll the guys' bathroom
  2. Micah's bedroom
  3. Our bedroom
  4. Our bathroom
None of these will be as time-consuming, however, because they don't have all of the old, period trim and molding, nor any old doors to paint. All of those required a coat of primer and two coats of semi-gloss. The remaining rooms just need cutting and rolling (one coat). I still have to install a door between our bedroom and the master bath (can you believe there's no door?!), and there's the kitchen to clean. We're going to bug bomb the place before we leave for the airport so that we can air it out tomorrow while we're continuing the painting frenzy.

I'll be so glad when we can just flop back on our sofa with some wine, and exhale.