Pages

4.14.2009

Life in a Fish Bowl

The landlord has scheduled a showing of our house today at 2:00 in the afternoon. I hope that the first looky-loos take it, which is doubtful, so that means that we'll be living in a fish bowl for who knows how long. Of course, we'll be looking at houses, too, so I guess I can't complain. We're hoping to look at a house we drove by over the weekend. If we like the inside, we're taking it immediately, although we can't move in until August first.

I hate moving, but Nettl and are really looking forward to simplifying by downsizing by about 600 square feet. We're really warming up to a more cottage life, with a big back yard full of trees, and putting in flower beds and a vegetable garden together. Sure, I'd rather be moving to Vienna like we wanted, or California, but we have to be realistic here. Maybe one of those will come later. Meantime, we'll make the best of things. We have a great family, so anywhere we live will be warm and homey.