Pages

11.09.2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is the birthday of the younger of my two sons, Micah. I couldn't be prouder of him. He's a brilliant mind, a phenomenal composer and guitarist, and a steadfast, deeply spiritual, generous, and compassionate man who has a wicked sense of humor that has never failed to delight me.

He's had a tough year, with the death of both his grandfather and his father, but still, he found the courage and passion to compose, record, produce, and market his CD, Temple of Unmanifest Dreams. He constantly amazes me with his creativity, and dedication to his art...

I didn't get to raise Micah past the age of two and-a-half, so getting to know him these past years has been a complete joy to me. We seem to share an unspoken understanding, and we think alike in ways that are uncanny. Sometimes, it's like we can read each other's minds even when we're not in the same room. When we are in the same room, or pass each other here at home, there's sometimes no reason to speak. We know. We understand.

Micah, this being a lean year, I can't afford to give you the material gifts that you deserve, but I have an unending supply of love and devotion, as well as an inexhaustible amount of faith in you.

Micah in 1987 at Lucy-in-the-Sky's
Party on, Dude!