Pages

8.18.2008

Monday Miscellanea

The house is suddenly quiet (except for the damned AC turbine), and it's going to get quieter. Today is Heather's first day of college. Last night she informed us that she would no longer be showering at home, because she and her friend will be working out at the campus gym every morning before class and so use the showers there. There are suddenly 57 or so fewer bottles of product on the shower shelf. Lauren will be moving into her first apartment near the OU campus on Friday morning. That means about 43 more bottles of product will be gone! Suddenly, the gridlock that was the space between our bedroom door and the master bathroom has disappeared. When I wake up on weekend mornings, I will no longer have to wait up to 1.5 hours just to take a morning pee. Everyone's off to college... unbelievable.
  • It seems that I might have a shot at working for Microsoft. Judging by one of their interview questions, that is. I got it right off the bat; not all that hard! I'll give you the answer if you want it, but it's not one of my quizzes or anything.

    "Imagine an analog clock set to 12 o’clock. Note that the hour and minute hands overlap. How many times each day do both the hour and minute hands overlap? How would you determine the exact times of the day that this occurs?"
  • I was a total geek all weekend. Nettl and I have web portal pages and I'd gotten tired of the old ones. Here are the new ones I made (click to embiggiate):
Mine
Lynette's
I also made one for Lauren.