Pages

6.03.2009

Sleepless

You know how you get really silly when you haven't slept? Nah, me either. Well, okay. I'll 'fess up. About once every other week or so, I can't sleep. I crawl into bed at 4 a.m. and then spend two hours tossing and turning, fidgeting and wiggling, trying in vain to find the perfect sleeping position, the perfect part of the pillow, the perfect amount of foot to stick out from beneath the covers. Of course, this disturbs Nettl, and then I feel like a creep...

Downstairs, the cat is squawking at Nettl for her breakfast. It's rainy outside and at 5:30 I was on the patio putting the hammock and cushions away. While I was out there, I decided that I might as well move the plants into the rain, so when I came back indoors, I was really good and awake.

The picture has nothing to do with anything, except that I'm feeling silly.