Pages

6.13.2009

No Sleep Tonight

It think it has been two weeks since I've had a glass of wine. That's okay. I've been enjoying sweet tea and ice water during the early heat wave we've been experiencing. To the consternation of my trolls, I'm not an alcoholic, but I do admit to being a minor league wino. Hey, me and Johnny Depp. Bite me.

At 9:00, I laid down to take a 15 minute nap and didn't wake up until 11:00 pm. I knew I was going to be up all night, so I poured some wine and gave in to my fate. Now, it's nearly morning and I feel like it's only about midnight.

We looked at a house last evening. It's good. Nothing special, but good. I can't see us living in it though; it didn't "vibe" me. I still see us in the 70s house with the Tuscan remodeling, near the elementary school. The closer we get to August, the more anxious I become. I don't want to find ourselves on July 15, with no house. Damn. This stuff never used to bother me, I was a nomad constantly looking for the next horizon. Getting older really sucks sometimes.