Pages

12.26.2013

2014 - The Short List

All in all, 2013 was a pretty good year at Bookends Cottage. I've certainly survived worse, most notably 2004 and 2010. I never want to experience years like those again! The best years were 2000 and 2012, but 2013 is not far behind. So what's in store for 2014...

1  We have every reason to believe something really exciting will break not long after the New Year, but it's still at the wait-and-see stage. Personally, I plan to finish Book Three and Book Four of my Beyond The Bridge series; Book Four is pretty far along as I write this.

2  Life with Nigel is settling down now that he's well over the one-year mark, and I have faith that this will only improve with each passing month. The new kitty has settled in and has successfully box and house trained himself, and Lowrider will now share our bed with him at night so all's good on the pets front.

3  If the Fates are kind we hope to start saving to move out of Oklahoma, either to Ventura, or possibly overseas, but that's all pretty iffy at this point. It depends heavily on the first bullet, above.

4  I should be able to get my health on track this year as I anticipate being able to afford some sort of healthcare. That will be a great relief not only to myself, but to the entire family, who have been impacted by it as much as I. That'll be a great relief for me.

5  Likewise, I hope to be in a position that I can begin helping my friends by sharing my good fortune with them. That will be the greatest improvement of all!