Pages

9.02.2009

Shrimp, Google and BSoD

Many years ago, when Joel was only about 8 or 9, we went into a pet shop at the Esplanade mall, in Oxnard. In the aquarium section Joel saw some Ghost Shrimp and he made a comment that they looked like they had backaches. Thus the name, "Backache Shrimp" stuck. Today I feel like a Backache Shrimp after unloading, organizing, alphabetizing and shelving all of my books yesterday. It wasn't only that which hurt me, it was the getting up and down on the floor. Funny. Over the weekend I must have climbed the attic ladder 30 times and I never felt a thing, but doing those books did. Getting older is a trip. I took a long, hot soak in our freestanding tub last night. What a luxury!

I've been getting a BSoD for the past two weeks. Actually, I've been getting two or three of them. The latest tells me that there's a system service exception, which tells me nothing, really. It happens randomly with no warning and it reboots my computer. It only happens two or three times a day, and doesn't keep me from logging on. I've been all over the web researching it and it looks like it's pretty common with Vista. Many people have said that my video drivers need to be updated, but when I check them, I'm told they're just fine. Some people say it could be a RAM issue, but most people just don't know. If any one knows anything, please tell me!

Today, I'm doing nothing but napping lying here on the couch. Tomorrow I'll be back getting the house ready for Lauren's long weekend here.