Pages

8.10.2009

A Normal Weekend, Considering

It was a normal weekend. Quiet and lazy. We did nothing but watch movies, except on Saturday night when Dr. Kielbasa came over armed with two bottles of wine and, on Sunday, when I did two loads of wash. Although it was quiet, it was not without its bumps. I'm beginning to wonder if anything will ever be easy again...

On Saturday afternoon, part of a filling broke loose on a back molar and since then, my tongue has been rubbed raw by the sharp edges. That sent me for the Ibuprofen bottle all weekend. Of course, I can't go to the dentist for who knows how long; I'm hoping my tongue will just be able to deal with the pain. Also, my new Thyroidzilla meds have made me really nauseous (I've read that this is to be expected for a week or two) so I haven't felt like doing much.

Finally, sometime on Sunday afternoon my laptop crashed, giving me the BSoD and causing my system to shut down about every 10 minutes. I don't want to type this too loudly, but I think I may have finally fixed it. The past 9 or 10 hours have been spent working on that. Yeah, I really think I've fixed the problem because it has been an entire hour since it last crashed. I'll know more when I turn the computer back on in a few hours.

After Nettl went to bed I put in one of my Wings DVDs (the TV show from the 90s, not Paul McCartney's band from the 1970s), which made the time fairly fly by as I worked. Micah joined me for a couple of episodes, then went back to his studio to continue his work. Nice weekend, considering.