Pages

8.14.2009

Bulleting My Blahs

I've got a bad case of the blahs today. It's probably just a reaction to the move, but it bugs me because it isn't like me to wake up bored, live through the day bored, and go to bed bored. I've never been bored in my life. Uh-oh. Does this mean that I've gotten boring? Must be, because here comes a bullet list:







  • One of these mornings I'm going to take a walk through the neighborhood and take pictures to show you. But not today. 
  • Yesterday, I hooked up the garden hose (after locating it in the move fallout that has taken over our garage) and washed down the front porch. What I really need is a power washer so that I can go around the house and wash it all down, especially under the eaves. Maybe I can rent one soon.
  • I finally figured out the corner where the telly and stereo will sit. It's not the best, but it'll have to do until we can get a small entertainment armoire.
  • We have discovered a way to deal with Lowrider's twice-a-day tantrums. We have to feed her twice a day; I can't just have a dry food Bistro feeder for her because she's pre-diabetic. Left to her own devices, she'll stuff herself with dry food until she hurls. Our vet told us that feeding your cat only dry food is like you eating only donuts. Cats aren't omnivores, they're carnivores, and they like dry food because it's coated with fat. If we let her eat only dry food, it wouldn't be long before we'd be giving her insulin injections twice a day, and I refuse to have a cat that gets better health care than I do. She gets fed twice a day: around 7:30 a.m. and at 5:00 p.m. In the mornings, Nettl showers and dresses, then feeds her. This has been the routine ever since the girls first turned their big, blue  eyes up at me, and asked, "Can we keep her?" Lowrider has gotten to the point that, beginning around 5 in the morning, she will sit next to Nettl's side of the bed and give her The Hairy Eyeball. She stares, and stares, and stares while Nettl sleeps. And it wakes her up. I swear she's practicing hypnosis. When that doesn't work (it never does), she starts clawing the furniture, tearing through the house turning flip-flops, and being a general nuisance. This goes on until the appointed time arrives and Nettl feeds her both wet and dry food. Around 3:00, it begins all over again, only I'm the victim. It sounds funny, but it's like having a bratty toddler. I refuse to have shredded furniture, damn it. Anyway, we have begun casting her into the outer darkness when she gives us her treatment. Well, alright. We put her in the garage until it's time to feed her. We just started yesterday, so we don't know if this response to her bad behavior will work or not. And don't look at me like that. The garage is nice, and we crack the door so that she can go in or out at will.
  • My upon waking panic attacks have returned. Again, I'm sure it's due to the move. I'm really trying to analyze this, but I'm coming up with nothing. Erf. I think I just need to get away. I wish Nettl and I could go somewhere together. Even Tulsa would be nice, but if I could take her anywhere, I'd choose someplace like Santa Barbara.
  • Tomorrow we're painting the kitchen. Yay! Shouldn't take very long, and it'll make a huge difference. There will be before/after pictures.
  • We tried to enjoy a glass of wine on the porch last evening, but it was mosquito rush hour and in less than five minutes' time, I received three bites. We came inside. Later today, I'm going to the store to get some refills for my mosquito lantern. That'll get 'em.

Have a happy Friday, everyone!