Pages

8.15.2009

The Last Painting Day

We were going to paint both the kitchen and the master bath today, but we did the kitchen last night. Wow! What a difference! I'll post some before and after shots of both rooms later. Right now, I'm trying to wake up. I took a Benadryl last night and it made me sleep way too late.

The kitchen is a pale, clean and modern green called Sweet Basil and the bathroom will be Freshwater Blue, not much different than the background color of this blog.

We discovered a little secret about the paint we've used in this house. Being on a very tight budget, we went to Walmart and were really happily surprised at how good their Color Place paint is. It's a great one-coat, low smell, great coverage, true to its samples paint, so we started wondering if it wasn't a name brand in disguise. And it goes a long, long way. I've never used a paint that goes as far as this does. I went onto the web and sure enough, it's actually Sherwin-Williams. Why pay $18-$25 dollars a can when you can pay $8? The only catch is that you don't have as many colors to choose from, but meh. Big deal. Make it work.

Okay, I have to finish my coffee and put on my painting clothes; I'm itching to see the transformation that's going to happen in the bathroom!