Pages

1.26.2010

Up With Me You Cannot Put

Hey, how many of you remember these?

But that's not what this post is about.

It has occurred to me that for the past week, all you've gotten from me here are posts about my book, and videos. That's cool, but some of you might not be all that interested in either my characters or Stevie Riks.  I know some of you aren't happy, because I see it reflected in my hit counts, you see...

The truth is, not much else has been going on around here. I've gotten a couple of web design jobs, which is handy, so I've been kind of busy with those as well as the book. Actually, the early part of the month was just hell on wheels, so the past week has been a veritable vacation. Of course I read your blogs, even if I don't always comment. I'm one of those who doesn't like to comment if I don't have something to say. I suppose I need to put that into practice with my blog, judging from this entry.

I'm enjoying writing my book so much that it's all I really think about nowwhen I'm not actually writing with my hands, I'm still writing with my mindand being interested in other things is really hard. I'm a single-minded sort that way. I sometimes hear myself reply to Nettl with a British accent. That's how into the story I am. I pick up accents very quickly. When I came home from living in Brighton, it was pretty thick and each time I've returned it came back. I hear my characters as I write and it's hard to turn it off after I've put them to bed for the night. Must be my musical ear.

Anyway, be patient with me. I won't leave you high and dry.