Pages

12.05.2005

Brain Surfing

Today has been a peculiar day. I kind of thought it was going to be when I didn’t get to bed until early this morning. I’ve figured out that I don’t sleep anymore. I nap. I can’t seem to sleep longer than four hours, unless I’m ill, toasted, or just plain worn out. I’m going to try to turn over a new leaf, as they say, starting tonight. I want to start going to bed around 1:00 or 2:00 am...

A year ago tonight my mother died, so that’s been difficult. It’s also 214 years ago today that Mozart officially left the building. Also, one of the regulars in my corner of Beliefnet died of cancer. As I say, a peculiar day.

The gardeners decorated the neighborhood lamp posts with garland and lights today. I liked that last year, so I’m glad it’s something they’ll continue to do.

I realized this morning that I hadn’t taken my vitamins for over a week.

Tonight I’m watching that Sci-Fi channel special, The Triangle. Really looking forward to that. I’m closing the bedroom door and cozying up on the bed with some hot tea, and tuning in.