Pages

5.09.2008

One View Short of Paradise

The only thing that could possibly improve my present situation (that is, lying in my hammock working on my clients' sites in 70-plus degree weather) would be if the vista beyond my feet was the Gulf of Mexico or the South Pacific. But who's complaining?

After several days and nights of thunderstorms, torrential rains and tornado warnings, it's nice to be outside again, listening to music mixed with the fountain and the chirping of the Martins who have built their nest (once again) under the eaves of the house next door. Sometimes they fly up under our patio to roost on the blades of the ceiling fan, which drives the cat nuts. There is a privacy fence between that house and ours and the birds like to sit there as well and tease the cat, who crouches beneath a patio chair just 8 feet away.

Well, back to work. I'm kind of wanting to change the look of this blog for the summer...