Pages

10.27.2010

Legends in Coats

This seems to be the year of the Legend walking away from the camera while wearing a long, swingy coat. Judging by these two CDs from Leonard Cohen and Keith Richards, that is...

Don't get me wrong. I love both of these men to bits and pieces and I think their coats look incredibly sexy, but didn't their people tell them about this? Well, they're huge enough, I guess they're beyond worrying about this sort of thing. And God knows I'm happy with both.

Whether it's the covers or the music inside them, I really can't judge which CD I like best. I was hoping I'd be able to say, "Well, Keith's coat has more movement and he's carrying his ever-present tumbler, but Leonard's music is more impassioned," or, "Well, Leonard's coat is perfectly topped with that slightly Hasidic-inspired hat, but Keith's music is more exciting." The problem is, I love both CDs, and their covers, for their own merit. Wait a minute. That's a win/win, isn't it?

You can listen to samples by clicking below:

This will serve as tomorrow's post because Thursday, if you recall, is my Media Fast day. See you on Friday.