Pages

10.14.2010

Incommunicado Mañana

I'm not the kind of person who goes poking around things unless I'm invited or other people tell me it's okay to do so. For example, since 2002 I've seen that little wheelchair icon beside the word verification field. Have I ever clicked it? No. Did I know what it was for? Yes, but the thing is, I never clicked it until just a moment ago when I was commenting on Earl's latest blog entry.

WTF is that all about? It sounds like what SETI has been waiting to hear for years now, or the kind of shit I used to hear on LSD. Yes, I know what it is, but it freaked me out because I'd never bothered to check it out before...

My other question is, why is a wheelchair the universal symbol for handicapped individuals? Were the blind or the deaf asked if they wanted to be represented by a wheelchair?

Yeah, I think it's time for a media fast...

P.S. Did you hear that we had a 5.1 earthquake on Wednesday morning? It was cool, as if my home state of California was reaching all the way back here to give me a hug!