Pages

1.09.2008

Losing My Religion

I'm tempted to supplement my income by hacking out a bodice ripper under a nom de plume. Seriously, how hard can it be? And cashing in? Don't bother me with that; some of the world's greatest writers have turned out dime store drivel in order to pay the rent.

If I were to actually do this, I'd write something about pirates, or maybe a tale about a woman in love with sailor who's in love with the sea ("Brandy, you're a fine girl..."). Or maybe I'd combine these ideas and write about a good girl from a good family who falls in love with a pirate and becomes a pirate queen. Oops, I think that's been done...

I've even toyed with the idea of trying my hand at writing a Lifetime movie. That's a pretty simple formula. After all, they're basically just romance novels on film, minus Fabio.

Or I just may have to forsake my ethics and throw more sex into my current manuscript. Nah. If this publisher doesn't take my book, I'm putting it on the shelf for my family to decide what to do with after I'm gone. I have other things I want to write before it's too late.