Pages

10.07.2007

Guys & Duckadoon

Although I didn't win an OBA this year (Damn! Damn! Damn!... Okay, I feel better now), I did come is as runner up for Best Culture Blog. I'm still not sure why I've been nominated in this category the past two years; I don't think of my blog as being cultural or even cultured in any way. Still, I'm pleased as punch and I'd like to congratulate the winner, Tasha Does Tulsa. I also didn't win Best Blog Layout, but I didn't really expect to since I've changed my layout twice since my nomination. That honor went to Journey to Simplicity. Congrats!...



I also want to congratulate Monty for winning Best Audio Blog, an award she rightly deserves. She thought she wouldn't win anything, but she always does. Every. Damn. Year.

Truth be told, I'm honored to have even made the nominees' list in two categories two years in a row. There are a lot of excellent blogs here in Oklahoma and there were even more competing this year than last. When I first joined the Blog Oklahoma Webring, I still held a bit of bias about this state, but I have since grown very fond -- and proud -- of the fine bloggers it has produced. Oklahomans are what I like to call "salt-of-the-earth eccentrics". It took some progressive and resilient folks to create this state and they often get a bad rap from people who've never even been here. Thanks to all who nominated and voted for me.

Tonight, Nettl and I played "house cats" and watched the OETA Movie Club's broadcast of Brigadoon and Guys & Dolls. If I have to feel like I'm 85, this is the way to do it!

And now, I'm going to go work on my Susan Lucci impression...