Pages

1.06.2006

Geor3ge Made Me Do It

Guess I have to do this since Geor3ge from A College Gin Run put me on his “Seven People I Want to Join in Too” list...











Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
  1. Compose another opera.
  2. Live in Vienna for a year.
  3. Be an invited visitor to Alton Brown’s set to watch a taping.
  4. Say, “This is the last time I’ll ever have to do the laundry” and know it’s true.
  5. Teach the kids to put the seat AND lid down.
  6. Make the perfect cappuccino. (Variation of Geor3ge’s response.)
  7. Conduct one of my own pieces.
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
  1. Drink mixed drinks. Ooh, my ulcer!
  2. Stop the clowns.
  3. Walk past the powder room without putting the lid AND the seat down.
  4. Do a cartwheel. Never could.
  5. Be happy without friends.
  6. Figure out how the hell I’ve managed to live in Oklahoma for five years. (Variation of Geor3ge’s response.)
  7. Make Geor3ge and Noelle move back to Oklahoma.
Seven Things That Attract Me To… Blogging:
  1. Meeting people.
  2. Unbridled Narcissism.
  3. Piddling around with web design.
  4. Slim chance that I’ll be asked to speak at the Okie Blogger Round-Up some year.
  5. Keeping in touch with friends who live far away.
  6. Keeps me from doing the laundry.
  7. Hoping I’ll one day become a Higher Being in the TTLB Ecosystem.
Seven Things I Say Most Often:
  1. “Fart-knockin-piece-a-dad!”
  2. “I care, don’t I.”
  3. “I love you, Wanze.”
  4. “This isn’t a hotel and I’m not a maid.”
  5. “When we move to Vienna…”
  6. “Damned phone.”
  7. “Man, that was a good one!”
Seven Books That I Love:
  1. A Literate Passion: Letters of Anais Nin & Henry Miller - Gunther Stuhlman.
  2. Under Milkwood - Dylan Thomas.
  3. Mozart: A Cultural Biography - Robert Gutman.
  4. The Elegant Universe - Brian Greene.
  5. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens.
  6. Gödel, Escher, Bach - Douglas Hofstadter.
  7. Conversations With Henry Miller - Frank Kersnovski & Alice Hughes.
Seven Movies That I Can Watch Over and Over Again:
  1. Office Space (left this in from A College Gin Run).
  2. What Dreams May Come.
  3. Affair of the Necklace.
  4. I, Claudius (yes, I know it’s a series. So bite me.).
  5. Animal House.
  6. Monsoon Wedding.
  7. Barry Lyndon.
Seven People I Want To Join In Too:
  1. The Daily Bitch
  2. Lip Schtick
  3. Byzantium’s Shores
  4. Neither Clever nor Witty
  5. Nettl’s Notes
  6. Ethan Welles
  7. A Sweet, Familiar Dissonance