Pages

12.08.2010

This Year, for Julian

Every year on this day I post something about what John Lennon meant and continues to mean to me. This year will be different. I'm one of Julian Lennon's "friends" on Facebook, where he made the following request...

"Dear friends, please... lets NOT make My page a Sad place this week. If you wish to make any comments, please just put forward positive thoughts. We don't want to forget the past, but I don't need to be reminded of it constantly either, regardless. I really don't care where YOU were or how YOU felt when Dad passed, No disrespect... Please Respect these Wishes... 
Thank you, Jules x"

Can you imagine how many millions of times Julian has heard other people describe their grief, their dismay, their loss over the death of John? It's important to remember that John was his father, that he's the one that has had to deal with the violent death of someone he loved, and that he's the one who will never see his father again. I understand that we who loved John and what he stood for miss his presence in the world, but Julian misses his presence in his life, in his embrace, and in his future. Let's try to put ourselves in his place.

________________________
Update 12/8/10:

Julian posted the following today:
"Could not think of a better way to be honouring Dad today, than to be Singing My Heart out, with his Love in Mind... Have a Positive day everyone. He wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Let the Music Play!"