Pages

9.11.2008

Choose Your Caffeine

No! I'm not doing that ever again.

Remember when you could drink soft drinks all day and evening and still go to sleep at a decent hour? I rarely buy sodas, but every once in a while I crave Pepsi, so on Monday night I got a 12-pack and put them in the fridge. I had one on Tuesday afternoon and one later that evening after dinner. The result? I didn't fall asleep until 9:30 Wednesday morning! This is really weird because I can drink coffee all day and it doesn't have this effect on me.

Of course, we can never catch up on a sleep debt, and yesterday I was worth absolutely nothing and felt like crap. And although I went to bed at 11:30 last night, I kept waking up until, at 2:00 am, I took a Tylenol PM. I woke up this morning at 8:30 feeling pretty good. And here it is 10:30 and I'm already showered and dressed, the bed is made and I'm ready to write.

No more Pepsi after 3:00 for me, and definitely no more than one in the space of a day. Middle age sucks sometimes.