Pages

7.15.2008

Six


I was cruising Kay's Thinking Cap this morning and saw that she has a Blogoversary button. "I want one!" I said, thinking that mine had passed a week ago. But when I checked, I saw that it's on Thursday!

Six years ago I started a blog that I created and maintained in Frontpage. I was really regular about blogging, so having no permalinks and having to spend an entire day at the end of each month archiving manually, I decided to move to Wordpress. I was there for a couple of years, but got weary with their downtime, slow page loading and complicated coding. I moved to my current Blogger home, which is where I'll stay. Unfortunately, I lost hundreds of posts somehow and salvaged only five posts for the years 2002 and 2003. ARG!...



Blogging has become something I do, like making the coffee in the morning and turning out the lights at night. Some people work out, some meditate. I blog. I do it because I like to write. I like communicating who I am and what my life is about. It's no more complicated than that. I've always been a very social, outgoing person -- the more friends the merrier -- and blogging is just part of that. I try not to analyze it too much because it's something that I enjoy and that's that. I don't care why, and if people enjoy what I write, even better; I don't care if it's one or one-hundred and one. I'm not into the numbers too much.

What cracks me up is that I've had this blog logger than I've I stayed in most relationships in my past. I've always been a free spirit -- way too noncommittal -- so having spent six years doing this is funny to me.

Well, I'll get more into this stuff on Thursday.

Have a day.