Pages

12.01.2006

Over Too Soon

We were socked in all day yesterday in the Blizzard That Ate Oklahoma. Expecting from 4 to 6 inches, we were stunned when we opened the patio door around dinner time to see drifts that were nearly as tall as our fence–more like 4 to 5 feet! It was the first blizzard warning the National Weather Service has ever issued for this state; I felt like I was back in Denver.

This morning we have clear, blue skies and sunshine, although it’s only 10 degrees. Don’t think I’ll be going out anytime soon. Nettl and the girls are enjoying their second snow day.

I love snow. I always wait in anticipation of its coming and I’m always sad to see it go. Even in Denver, where I had to commute all the way across the city to go to work, I loved the snow.

That’s it, really. I haven’t had any coffee yet, so that’s all my brain can fire for now.