Pages

6.29.2008

A Day Away


We headed for Tulsa on the Cimarron Turnpike, a 56-mile trek...












It was raining as we crossed over Keystone Lake.

See? There are green, rolling hills -- Oklahoma isn't the
Dust Bowl that everyone thinks it is.

We stopped at the Woodland Hills Mall, where I had an
appointment at LensCrafters.

While waiting on my glasses we ducked into
one of those kitschy photo booths.

After having lunch at Mimi's Cafe, we headed back
home, passing the Frank Lloyd Wright inspired
Boston Avenue Methodist Church.
The architects were actually students of Wright.

Passing around the loop, with the Tulsa skyline.

Then, on to the Cimarron Turnpike.

Through the toll booth
The sky cleared and the sun woke up the wildflowers.

Ah, Oklahoma traffic! I used to commute this route every
day when I worked in Tulsa. After living in southern
California, this is bliss. Eat your heart out!

We stopped in at Stillwater's new wine bar, Zannotti's.
We enjoyed some pinot grigio and shared a
gourmet cheese plate that had five cheeses,
half a baguette, gourmet crackers, an
artichoke spread, red onion and raspberries.

I anticipate seeing this view a lot in the future.

My first bifocals...
Bite me.