Pages

4.14.2008

Embarrassed (I'm Bare Assed)

I was called in this morning for my first weekly department staff meeting. Our boss sat across the conference table from me, looking at his laptop. Without a warning he looked up at me.

"What's the name of your blog?"
"Uh, what?"
"What's the name of your blog?
"Incurable Insomniac."
"Yep, this is it!"...



Wondering how he found me so quickly (at all! I mean, why would he want to? Turns out he followed the link to the company's site that I included in a previous entry, he wasn't looking for me at all), I sheepishly said, "Yeah, I have a web presence." Then I blushed so red that everyone noticed. And laughed. That made me feel better.

"I'm glad that you like it here!" he said with a smile.

Later, when I came back from lunch, I saw someone in our department reading my blog.

Why did it feel like people were looking through my underwear drawer? I've been in a movie and an ARG, for godsake. I stand by my presence and my blog because I try to live authentically and I like who I am. Still, I blushed like a maiden and that was more embarrassing than anything.