Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
1 (11.5 ounce) package chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Small paper candy cups (they're about half the size of regular muffin cups)
- Place ½ of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe container.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Spoon some melted chocolate into muffin cups and, with a spoon, draw the chocolate up the sides of the cups until evenly coated. Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, confectioners sugar, and salt. Work lightly by hand until it forms a smooth dough.
- Pinch about a teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten a little and put into the chocolate cups.
- Melt the remaining chocolate, spoon over peanut butter and spread to edges of cups.
These are just so darned good, I'll never buy Reeses again.