Pages

11.03.2010

Ooh, Baby!

Alright... I can't keep still on this crap anymore.

Why, in the name of all that's somewhat sane, do people feel the need to make baby dolls out of grown men of power or talent, and why do grown women feel the desire to buy them? Several years ago I was introduced to Cabbage Patch Mozart. Now we have Baby Doll Obama...

People, I don't care what your politics are, this strikes me as just a wee bit sick. These are grown men with genitals. They've fathered children. In Mozart's case, six children. These are men of ideas, creativity, talent, and a gift to articulate their deepest cerebral ideals through their work and, in Obama's case, is the leader of one of the most powerful nations in the world. Why this need to castrate them and render them voiceless, drooling, cooing, pissing, shitting, ultimately dependent, impotent babies?

Who's next? The Wetting Einstein? The Mama-Mama Martin Luther King Jr. Doll? The Drooling Dalai Lama? Can you imagine if they'd made The Boo-Boo G. W. Bush doll, or The Crawling Dick Cheney doll? And what about in 2012? I can see it now: The Pee-Pee Sarah Palin doll! Sheesh!

To tell you the truth, I really don't get dolls anyway. For kids, sure, but middle-aged women collecting and dressing them? I'm not judging, mind you, I just don't get it. To my mind, it's on a par with having your late pet freeze-dried so that it can lay there by the hearth looking like it's only asleep instead of having gone to meet its maker. To each his own, I guess.

Wow. I feel much better. Thanks for letting me vent.