Pages

6.02.2009

Speaking Of...

While we're on the subject of...


LAUNDRY.
Of all the household chores that have to be done, I hate doing the laundry most. In our family everyone is responsible for his or her own laundry, so I'm not beefing about being stuck with loads and loads of it. All I do is my own, once a week. Well, I also do the master bath linens. I wonder, why do we still call them linens when nothing's actually made of linen anymore? Shouldn't we call bath linens terrys and bed linens cottons? I started my laundry yesterday afternoon. Four loads (two for my clothes and two for the terrys) and the last load is still in the dryer. Because I didn't take care of it last night, I'll have to run the dryer again. Today, the idea of that just wears me out. Part of the reason I dread the laundry every week is due to having to haul the crap up and down the...

STAIRS.
I used to love the idea of stairs in a house. Until I moved to Denver 17 years ago. Since then. every house or apartment I've lived in has had stairs. Our next house will not have stairs, and for that I'm exceedingly grateful. I'm tired of the stairs in all of these...

HOUSES.
We think we've found the house we'll be moving into. It's a cute 1,875 sf ranch on a quiet cul-de-sac. We saw it Sunday, and it's what we want. The agent says that she thinks we'll get it. The 70s house we liked so much was leased to friends of the owners. Of course. But this one is better in some ways, not so better in other ways, and we can see ourelves living in it very easily. The pluses are, we'll be saving $500 every month on our rent and probably a couple of hundred on our utility bills, and we'd be able to buy it in a year, so it looks like...

THINGS ARE GOING WELL.
Yesterday, Heather went in for tests for lymphoma. She's only 19 and we were worried sick. The results came back a few moments ago and she's clear. The swollen glands she has under her arms are due to a high white blood cell count (could be mono as she was exposed to it a couple of months ago). Time to...

EXHALE!