"Give me seven of your favorite words. You don’t have to explain them, but it’s more fun for readers if you do."
- Gossamer: The first time I really took notice of this word was in a letter from Dee in 1970. She was describing her view of the mist that lay over her back yard.
- Lugubrious: I think I've only used this word twice in my life, but I'm always looking for a good reason to.
- Facetious: My mother, the daughter of a literature teacher, used this word frequently, so I was already using it before I got into middle school. I was also made fun of by other kids for my use of "big words". I still don't think this qualifies.
- Macabre: As much fun to say as it is to read.
- Level: Because it looks exactly like what it means.
- Absurd: In my private hours I often refer to my life as the Circus of the Absurd.
- Parsimonious: Something I know that I shall never be.