Pages

11.19.2007

Life as Idiom

Excuse my French, but, my so-called life! When it rains, it pours. It's either feast or famine with me. Just when I was about to give up the ghost because I was suddenly struck as poor as a church mouse and began beating the pavement to get a real job, I was hit up-side the head with a mountain of work. I've been as busy as a one-armed paperhanger with a number of paying jobs, for which I'm jumping for joy. Most of these have to do with web design, but one is musical, although I haven't had the time of day to dedicate myself to it. I spent the weekend working at a feverish pace on one site and I've burned the candle at both ends, setting in as soon as my feet hit the floor and working into the wee hours, say, 4:30am. Yesterday, I got out of the wrong side of the bed and was really grumpy because the phone rang off the hook all day. You all know how I love the phone...



Although life is a journey, I have no time right now to stop and smell the roses because I'm working like a dog, and because of this, I'm dead tired. Still, time is money and time flies.
Happily, Thanksgiving is this week, Nettl will be home for 4 days and we'll eat, drink and be merry! Oh, it will be a feeding frenzy, I promise you and the 20-pound turkey that's sleeping in our fridge will be finger-lickin' good!
Last but not least, the people across the street have flown the coop. We passed an entire weekend without the Richter Scale worthy boom-boom car stereo. Ah! Silence is golden! He's back today, but only to pack some last-minute things. But to everything there is a season and to make a long story short, I'm ecstatic to see them hit the road. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Well, back to the salt mine!

End of story.