Pages

7.29.2011

Weekend Be Good

As one of my characters, Noel, would say, "Bollocks, it's been a fookin' week!" And no, that's not me in the picture. I considered taking one of myself in the same pose, but it's just too much work. I did take two Excedrin along with my usual Thyroidzilla repellent this morning. Hey, two of those caffeine-laden puppies and a cup of coffee get me feeling half-human...

Tomorrow night we're having a little pre-birthday party for Joel (whose birthday is on the 5th) and I have every intention of getting ridiculously stupid. Not so badly that I'll feel like shite on Sunday, but just enough that I can let go of this week. You know how it is.

So Badger is going back to Oz for a couple of weeks and he says that during the flight there he'll be sipping champagne in his jim-jams. How cool is that? I flew first class once (twice, actually, if you count the return), and it was awesome. About 3/4 through the flight they handed us pristine washcloths saturated with hot water and then wrung. The best part for me though was drinking a cold Heinie in the Red Carpet Lounge while waiting to board the 747 (this was back in 1981). Although the trip was paid for by one of the richest men in show business, however, I was shy to take advantage of it. I mean, I could have ordered endless glasses of champagne and all manner of other things, but I didn't. Even during my stay in one of London's best hotels, I hardly touched the mini-bar and never called room service. My mother taught me how to be a good guest, aso I don't do well with the carte blanche routine. Not that I wouldn't like to learn how to.

I dreamed last night that I was trying to perform a particular song for some people and some guy in the back kept singing along, and quite badly. He kept messing me up, and it got so frustrating that I had to decide if I was going to quit altogether or drown him out. I decided on the latter and he left. Take that!

Well, I have a mountain of things to do today. Have a great weekend!