Pages

7.07.2011

Not My Summer Vacation

Holy crap, I've been busy. Sorry I haven't been able to leave a post in a few days. Besides working over here, here, and here, my email correspondence has suddenly gone through the roof. And then there are the articles I was asked to write. All good stuff.

Being ill for two weeks really helped because I could sit here and work with minimum exertion or angst over a body that suddenly feels like it doesn't belong to me. I seriously thought I was going to die. I started cleaning up my personal messes and making amends with people because of how badly I felt. I even made a list of songs I want played at my funeral. How scary is that?...

But I'm much better now. It's like I never went to the doctor at all. So much for her Prednisone treatments. That crap seriously messed me up. The pain I can deal with, but that shite? No way! I used to pay good money for hallucinations back in the day, but that stuff sat on my head in a very weird way. I thought I was going crazy. The hard part now is that my pain meds are nearly gone and I can't refill them. No insurance, you know. So it looks like I'll be going back to Excedrin for level 8 pain.

Through all this, we've been having record high temps around here. It was 105 one day. My poor Morning Glories are struggling to survive and to tell the truth, I really don't care. Hauling the hose around is a major deal. Oh, man, that sounded nasty...

The other thing that I hate doing when I feel unwell is picking up garbage from our yard. Being on a corner, we're bound to get the odd frat boy's beer can, or the occasional Taco Bell wrapper. I can handle those. What I can't handle are all those freakin' ad papers. I dodn't subscribe to them, I don't read them. I have no interest in buying Bubba's '78 El Camino or Jed's slightly used gun rack. But still, nearly every day, a different car drives by and tosses one in our yard. I put them in the trash. I don't even save the rubber band so what it boils down to for me is that some jerk is throwing his trash in my yard for me to pick up and throw away. And there are tons of them! That's why I have to go out and pick them up every day. I really hate that and, yeah, the beer cans and Big Gulp cups add up. We pay the trash bill for these guys?

While writing this I began to feel guilty so I went out and put the sprinkler on the Morning Glories.

P.S. Although it'll take me a couple of days to get used to the new Blogger interface, I think I'm going to like it.