Pages

9.21.2007

Zenning Out

I've been hit by the sudden urge to clean out. To get rid of shit by giving it to someone else. By that I mean pictures mostly, but now that the weather is cooling down I want to get into the attic in the garage and start throwing. I want to put everything out and call my friends and say, "Come and take what you want." I don't even want to garage sale this stuff; I want to give it away. Pass it on.

Last night I started scanning all the pictures my friends and I took from 1985 to '87. I then uploaded them to a Photobucket account that I created just for these pictures and also saved them to a cd. That way, I can give the actual photos to Ville and our friends can go to Photobucket and download whatever ones they can't live without. All I know is that I want them off my hands. I have photos that I took with my first camera in 1958, for godsake. After I'm done with this pile of 1000 or so pictures, I'm going to go through the same process with our family pictures. Those I'll divide between my sons and I'll keep the cds. I might even burn copies to keep in a safety deposit box for safe keeping. Today I'll be plodding on through some more; in fact, that's my plan for the entire weekend. In a weird way I'm looking forward to it. I want to start traveling light.