Pages

6.06.2007

Too Windy to Walk

So you get pictures from yesterday's walk instead.

A couple of months ago I was disappointed to find that the pond had been drained. I was especially sad because this is the pond into which I'd previously dumped my two Plecysauruses (Plecysauri?) a while back. My denial optimism made me believe that, being the closest thing to bottom-dwelling dinosaurs that I've ever known, they'd burrowed down into the mud and gone into stasis. Besides, there were absolutely NO dead fish of any kind in the muddy pond bed. Yesterday I saw this sign explaining what was going on. Don't tell me they died. I don't like news like that...



This bird house stands on a pole that I judged to be about 8-feet tall. What intrigued me is the debris line that was left on it after last weekend's flash flood. If you can't see it in the enlarged view, it's up to the 4-feet point, where the middle bolt is.








This table had obviously been entirely covered by the water, judging from the debris on it. I sat here for a while yesterday. Next time, I'm bringing my journal, a book, and some lunch. Oh yes, and some "Off!" Sure wish I had a laptop!





Why haven't I made this a favorite place to chill?