Pages

6.05.2007

Okay, I'm Committed

So I went for a walk and was out for about an hour. Really, I can't believe that I've lived here this long and I haven't taken advantage of the beauty in my neighborhood. Except for this. This construction is what we've been living with for nearly two years. I've never seen it take this long to widen and repave a 1-mile stretch of country road...





I've decided that I want to get a bicycle. I used to love riding the 8 miles from Camarillo to the beach with book, journal, water and sunscreen in the basket. There are so many pretty places to ride here, especially since we're kind of out in the country. This little lake is only one block from our house. There was a time in my life when I would have spent full afternoons at a spot like this. What happens to us as we get older? We isolate ourselves in our homes and only go out when we have to run an errand. No wonder we're all overweight and sickly.

Wow, it feels like summer. I love it!