Pages

8.21.2009

Quiet Nights at Last

This is a picture of the candle jar that sits on the bistro table on the porch.

Do you remember my quacking on last summer about the two AC turbines that sat only a few yards from our bedroom at the other house? Well, it's worth everything to be all the way across town from them. No one's supposed to live like that!..



Anyway, all this week the cat and I have spent a lot of time on the front porch after dark, watching the storms blow in from the west. The lightening and thunder have been wonderful and the porch is so protected that when the rain doesn't fall diagonally from west to east, we never even get wet. And no turbines! Just little neighborhood sounds, the university clock tower bell in the distance, and crickets, cicadas and frogs. Apparently, the cat got the idea that we're now supposed to go out there, because she spent a bit of time tonight sitting by the front door giving me the hairy eyeball. I didn't feel like it though, so I let her out.

Here is a picture of my late night window. It will be showing up in my banner when I take this summer template down. This window is on the porch; I really like the way it looks at night.

(These pictures enlarge when clicked.)