Pages

9.28.2010

Finally Coming Around

I knew it would happen, you know. I knew that a couple of days after the high of my birthday had passed, I'd be hit with the relative low. It's the balance of things in my life these days. Thanks to menopause (which ended in 2005 after a surgically induced 16-year siege), I'm no longer manic-depressive, but I do have my moods, which I can usually keep in check. The Hashimoto's thing makes it a challenge sometimes, though, especially when I'm tired...

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I was stressed about finances, exhausted, and looking at a house that still needs a lot of de-hippifying from the party. I had four huge loads of laundry, vacuuming, and furniture to move around. I didn't get it all done, just the laundry. After dinner I took a nap. Actually, I took three naps and didn't wake up until after 11:00. That really helped, and I can feel myself starting to rise from the ashes.

Hey, I got some great gifts for my birthday! I haven't made a haul like this since I was about 14!
  • A hookah - I've always wanted one and I just last week wrote about my character Gordon, being given one at his birthday party by Brian Jones. What a great synchronicity!
  • The Collector's Series, two DVD set of  A Hard Day's Night.
  • This Is Spinal Tap.
  • Almost Famous.
  • A box of marzipan. Did you know that my one great sweets weakness is marzipan?
  • A bottle of cabernet savignon.
  • The Autobiography Of Donovan: The Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan.
  • Stories To Get You Through The Night, a collection of short stories.
  • A stick blender, which I've really wanted since my old one bit the dust.
  • Canyon Of Dreams by Harvey Kubernick, with photos by Henry Diltz.
  • A Hard Day's Write: The Stories Behind Every Beatles Song by Steve Turner.
  • A Let It Be tee-shirt.
  • An I Am The Walrus button.
  • And an evening surrounded by my family and closest (nearby) friends!
Thanks to everyone. I love you all. It as a great evening!