Pages

8.11.2008

I'm Going to Scream!

From Micah's webcam.
For the past week there has been a group of workmen putting in an AC for the building across the way. This is spitting distance from the windows on the south side of our house. I've been pretty patient, and I've tried to stay optimistic that the addition of yet another AC turbine won't add all that much to the noise level during summer. They have that going now, and it's really not that bad. Not that bad, considering it sounds like a wind tunnel out there. But they've been running a portable generator all frickin day that is about to make me go out there and start reaming me some ass. Of course, the men have to yell to communicate with each other above the noise. It's given me a pounding headache.

I'm quickly changing my mind about buying this house. We'll never have a summer day or night without the wind tunnel if we stay here. I mean, our house is now situated smack in the middle of two large turbines. The good points are 1) the old turbine doesn't stay on 24-7 like the new one does and, 2) at least they're in the same pitch. If they were the interval of a 2nd I'd be going seriously mad.