Although I was out of it, I thought a lot. What else can you do when you lock yourself in your bedroom, shut the blinds and avoid anything that's televised or broadcast, or otherwise louder than a pin drop?
- I thought about other blogs out there, those that have somehow ascended Mount Blognassus. I followed the top 10 or so links on Blogrolling's Hot 500, and it amazed me how really dull they are. Dull and stuffed with ads. I sensed a jaded smugness in some of them that also turned me off. Meh. I like my blogroll; I've never been a follower and I'm convinced some of the "top" blogs are there because most people are lemmings. In my blog-hopping, however, I came across one site that grabbed my interest. It's called PostSecret and is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard. Most of the cards are really creatively done.
- While I slept, my head was full of composition, turning phrases this way and that, harmonies for the French horns and trying to come up with unique contrapuntal lines for the contrabasses. In one dream I was composing two pieces at once and it woke me up. And you can't blame this on the Darvocet because until Nettl returned from the pharmacy all I'd used was ibuprofen and "Head Soothe" oil from Nature's Inventory. Sometimes you have to call in the big guns, though.
- I got a couple of hours work in on a client's website earlier in the day. Just thought I'd add that so that you won't think I was a total bum.
- Our cat, Lowrider, has gotten very aggressive about wanting my new wingback chair. When she decides it's her turn to have it, she sits in front of me, giving me that slit-eyed winking routine. I swear she's practicing mind control when she does that. When it doesn't work she jumps up on the back of the chair and hovers there like Snoopy when he's pretending he's a vulture. When that doesn't work she moves into strategic military take-over mode, trying to get on my laptop, me, my shoulders, and I at last have to make her get down. If I get up to go to the bathroom, or to the kitchen I have to lay my laptop in the chair to keep her from taking my place. Eventually she gets indignant and gets into either the chair at the desk, Nettl's chair, or the window seat. Damn cat.
- Am I the only one who's sensing a spirit of unrest in Blogsville? I wonder what's going on?
- One more thing about the migraine, then I'm going to try to get some sleep. In my research today I learned that a craving for chocolate often precedes an attack. Remember the chocolate milk fiasco? Hm. I'll keep that in mind.
And now, something for all you cat lovers: