Pages

7.21.2008

Famous Places No. 1

My friend Kelly at Byzantium's Shores regularly posts a feature called, Unidentified Earth, for which he posts a Google Earth image and asks his readers to identify it. I always enjoy having a look, although I've only posted my guess twice and got it right only once (the image was of the ruins at Tintagel in Corwall, England). Well, he's a lot more intellectual and Earth conscious than I am, so I don't think he'll find my homage to his feature threatening or competitive in the least. He's not that kind of guy anyway...

In mine, which I'll call Famous Places, I'll show you images that reflect my, erm, fascination with the famous and infamous. Instead of Earth's places, the focus is on her better known children. Hey, what do you expect? I was born and raised only a stone's throw from Hollywood!

So are you ready to guess what this location is? Go ahead! Want a hint? Here it is:

Although it's in the United States, people often think it's somewhere else.

Click the image to enlarge it for better viewing.
_________________________________
UPDATE: Ville guessed the location! The answer is in the comments, so if you still want to wonder with yourself, do not read them past comment #10.

Thanks for playing!