Pages

9.01.2006

Two Lonely Brain Cells

Sometimes one little me just is not enough. Two months of working 12-16 hours every day, not going to bed until sunrise and neglecting my family, friends, and personal needs is finally taking its toll on my health. It now takes everything I have just to get my brain fired enough each day to figure out what the next step to completing this project will be. Even writing this is just about all I can do and it feels like I have two brain cells left that are rolling around trying to find each other to rub up against and get a little cognitive thought going...

This weekend, Nettl and I are moving back into the master suite upstairs. That means a lot of hoisting heavy furniture around up and down stairs; not easy for us since we’re officially middle-aged, 5′3″ and out of shape. Then we’ll also be steam cleaning the carpets, something lower backs always appreciate. But it has to be done; it’s something I’ve wanted to do since before Christmas.

I feel like I’m not making sense here, and the coffee is taking longer and longer each day to strike a chord in my sleep-deprived, silly-putty brain. Things to do, fences to mend… but I just want to go back to bed and sleep the day away. If you know me at all, you know that I won’t, just from sheer determination. I need a massage. Haven’t had one since 1998.