Pages

9.21.2006

18 is a Wonderful Age

Happy Birthday to Lauren on the occasion of your 18th birthday!

When Nettl and I first met, Lauren was 11. I thought I’d have that talkative, curious, bright little girl for a long time, but here she is all grown up and getting ready to go to school in France after graduating high school in May. Oof!

Today is a little sad for me because I know that she’s just 2 feet from walking out the door into her own life. Gods! I remember being 18 like it was just a few years ago…

Listen up moms and dads out there: Life is brief. After the 11th birthday the time flies by so fast you don’t even notice it, so enjoy your children while they’re children because it won’t last long.

I love you Lauren, and it doesn’t matter how old you get, I’ll always be your Wolfie.