Pages

8.06.2011

Maybe I'll Post on Saturdays

So, yeah, I've been busy with this writing thing. Actually, I only write late at night because the daytime is spent editing and doing all of the other things I have to do. But I'm finally addressing things on my indy author/publisher to-do list. I'm staying off of Facebook except for first thing in the morning and later in the evening when I take a break from working for an hour...

I actually felt a spark of my writing mojo last night and got a good deal of a scene. I felt that love for my story that is often so illusive. That's the main thing for me. If writing is a huge chore, then what's the point? I want to love my story and characters. I want to enjoy this, damn it. Last night I felt that for the first time in weeks. It makes all the difference.

In other news: yesterday afternoon Lauren's apartment complex caught on fire. It was pretty big, destroying one apartment block, causing significant damage to a second, and taking a number of cars with it. It was on the telly, but since we don't have cable, I watched it on the news channels' websites. Fortunately, thanks to the eight trucks of firefighters that were called to the scene, the fire never reached her apartment block. We all had some tense moments there for an hour, though.

What was I saying a few days ago about the past couple of weeks being about "putting out fires"? As above, so below. Funny how that works.