Pages

5.16.2011

Quiet Weekends are Highly Underrated

Sure, I love a good party, or having friends over no matter the size of the gathering, but there's a lot to be said for a quiet weekend, for endless cups of tea, crisp glasses of lemonade and watching the world go by outside the window.

The only real work I accomplished was a couple of website updates, a bit of graphic design, and an article for a paper out in California. Other than that, I did a whole lot of nothing. And I was brilliant at it, too. I napped a great deal, listened to a lot of music, and thought about Book Two. I did precious little actual writing, but typing out words is not the only part of writing a book. In fact, it's not even the largest part. There's also think time and research. I got a lot of think time in this weekend. I even had a couple of good ideas that I might be able to use.

This week I shall be writing. I just wanted to let you know that I'm still around and that I haven't forgotten you. Have a good week.