Pages

5.02.2008

Friday Happs

Tonight we're going to see Mozart's Die Zauberflöte in Tulsa. The Tulsa Opera is a great company. I've thoroughly enjoyed every production I've seen there, better, even, than other places, including the Met. It remembers that opera is supposed to be about enjoying opera, not about the elitist crap I've encountered elsewhere. You can hear clips from the performance here. Nettl and I are taking Heather with us as part of her graduation gift; hopefully, it will include a late dinner afterward. Tulsa could learn more about after-hours dining that doesn't offer only 24-hour family restaurants.

Last night we had a hell of a storm. They even issued a tornado warning, but as usually happens, today the sky is clear, the wind is gone and it's already getting warm.

Yesterday's trip to Guthrie to sell the Ford went okay, although I had to sit outside the garage for two hours waiting for the owner to show up. The note on his door said that he was on a tow job. I took highway 33 home, instead of the interstate, which was a beautiful drive.

Is it just me, or does that silhouette look like Alfred Hitchcock is starring as the Queen of the Night?