Pages

11.12.2005

Recharged

I finally crawled into bed just after six am and, quite unlike me, fell asleep almost instantly. I remember hearing the wind chimes out on our patio, but I was out cold until one in the afternoon. Guess that’s what less than five hours of sleep in two days will do to you. I did get up around 10:30 to stumble out to the living room, but Nettl made me go back to bed saying, “You have to sleep at least until noon.” I was still half-asleep anyway, so I simply turned around and went back down the hall to the bedroom. I don’t even remember making it to the bed, although I know I did. At least I hope I did. But that’s not what I want to write about...

Today, I’d like to introduce you to a remarkable woman. Her name is Lorraine and she’s over at Me & the Cat. She describers herself as a “70-something, compassionate, tree-hugger” but I can tell you she’s much more than that. In the short week or two that I’ve been visiting her blog, she has become very special to me. She’s a real role model of what aging can be if we refuse to get old. She’s my newest hero. She’s had kind of a rough week so pay her a visit and tell her I sent you.

Tonight, I’m going over to Ville and Beau’s for Poker Night. Ville’s two new friends, Rodney and Lashell will be joining us.

Ever notice how, sometimes, when you drink something, it kind of gets caught in your throat and your esophagus cramps, and it hurts? I hate it when that happens.