Anyway, we may be looking at an older house (built in 1976) that is really pretty damned perfect, regardless of the 70s funk that has never been removed. If we get it, it will probably be on a lease-to-own basis, which means we'll be able to make all of the improvements in lieu of a deposit. Plus, the lease payments are cheap. Here are some of the "perfections":
- The upstairs has two bedrooms, one of which is ideal for Micah's studio, complete with built-in computer station and perfect dimensions.
- The house is in a cul-de-sac on a seldom-used street.
- The house backs onto a wooded area--not another house or yard.
- It's in the neighborhood I've wanted to live in since we moved here, less than a mile from where we are now.
- The upstairs also has a second living room and a full bath, which means that the upstairs would basically be the guys' apartment. They could do whatever they want with their living room.
- The main living room is huge, with an area that would be perfect for our piano, musical instruments, and music scores.
- There is also a raised area in the living room that is meant for a dining table. It would make the perfect dance floor for the parties we like to have. Plus, there's a built-in that would make the perfect bar.
- There's already a built-in pet door. No more litter box!
- The back yard has mature trees, is not too large to take care of, and has a hot tub.
- Yes, I said a hot tub.
- The house also has a master bedroom suite, a 4th bedroom (downstairs), a nice-sized kitchen and dining area, and a big fireplace.
- Square footage-wise, it's about the same size as our current house.
Back to bed.