I found this on Byzantium's Shores a while back and saved it for a no-energy, lackluster state of mind as I'm experiencing this morning. I went to two high schools, which sucked. I went three years at Santa Ynez Valley high school (left) and I went to Camarillo high school during my senior year.
1. Did you date someone from your school senior year?
No. I was too busy being cool.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school(s)?
3. Did you car pool to school?
Santa Ynez: I rode with my dad, who dropped me off on his way to work.
Camarillo: I rode the bus with Deni.
4. What kind of car did you drive?
Didn't have one.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
Don't have one. LOL!
6. It's Friday night... where were you (in high school)?
Santa Ynez: at the Dolphin Club, listening to the bands and dancing.
Camarillo: I was either at Deni's house or she was at mine. We liked playing our guitars together.
7. It is Friday night... where are you (now)?
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Santa Ynez: None.
Camarillo: I worked at a music store.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
I own my own web design company.
10. Were you a party animal?
I could have been, but I was a good kid. I partied with friends, but nothing like kids do these days. Sneaking into Cher's dad's scotch to make a scotch and Pepsi was about as far as it went for me in those days. I smoked a little pot in my junior year, but nothing earth shattering.
11. Were you considered a flirt?
Not at all. I was all about music and friends.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Santa Ynez: I was in band (clarinet) and choir (alto).
13. Were you a nerd?
Maybe to some people. I was a Folkie. In my senior year, some kids thought I was a narc because I was so quiet and shy, and always wore sunglasses.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
Never did. I made detention one time; can't remember why. See? A good kid.
15. Can you sing the fight song?
I have no idea what they were. I wasn't into that crap. I hated the games and compulsory pep rallies.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
Freshman year: Mrs. Ware (Literature)
Sophomore year: Mr. Kline (Band & Choir)
Junior year: Mr. Black (Drama)
Senior year: Miss Senior (U.S. History)
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Different places through the 4 years, but always with friends...
Freshman year: the backstage steps in the theater department
Junior year: front lawn
Senior year: a lawn area near the cafeteria
18. What was your school's full name?
Santa Ynez Valley Union High School
Adolfo Camarillo High School
19. When did you graduate?
20. What was your school mascot?
Santa Ynez: A pirate
Camarillo: A scorpion
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
No way in hell! Those were miserable years for the most part.
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
I only went to the Junior Prom, and it was too formal and staid to have any real fun. I would have rather been at the Dolphin Club dancing to Ernie & the Emperors or the Sharkais!
23. Do you still talk to your prom date?
No. I saw him once in 1971 or 72 and he was every bit as boring as he was in 1967. I only went with him because he pursued me rentlentlessly for two full years and was my best friend's cousin. Poor guy had no clue.
24. Who was your best friend?
I had several throughout high school.
Santa Ynez: Cathie, Cher, Vickii, Pat
25. What did you want to be when you grew up?
The 5th Beatle. What else?
26. Any regrets?
I wish I'd had half the self-confidence that I have now. I would have better handled of all those bully soshes that made life so difficult for me. (How do you spell "sosh"?)
27. Biggest fashion mistake?
Coppertone QT. 'Nuff said.
28. Favorite fashion trend?
I loved the whole Mod Sixties/Mary Quant/Twiggy thing. When that phased out for the hippie look, I liked the paisley/bellbottom/East Indian thing.
29. Are you going to your next reunion?
I've never gone. Probably never will.
30. Who did you have a secret crush on?
Pat Demory. She was a Puckish, cute Gemini, and we sang a lot of Bob Dylan together with our guitars.
31. Did you go on spring break?
We didn't have it back then. Not like now. I spent my spring breaks sleeping in and playing with my various garage bands.