Pages

10.04.2007

An Open Letter to Ville

Dear Ville,

As you know, or should know by now, you are of ultimate importance to me. Your health, well-being and digestive conditions are as vital to me as my own. I mean that. Where would I be had we not bumped into each other all those years ago (cue George Harrison song here)? What kind of person would I be today if you hadn't gone to Santa Barbara in my car with Paul that night? I cannot even imagine life without you, and when I try to, I just want to smack you for not accepting Paul's invitation. Although you did. Thursdays would have no significance at all without you and I could never have come up with Cream of Thursday Soup or Hair Night all by myself...

Going to the hospital for surgery is NOT the way to spend a Thursday, Ville, and news of today's removal of your gall bladder concerns me. We've had a lot of fun with that gall bladder. Think of the stories it could tell! Everywhere we went, there it was! It made it through numerous pitchers of beer at My Brother's Bar in Denver. It survived the bee with teeth. Hell, it even met Brian Setzer and had a beer with him on your 21st birthday!

So as you convalesce, just remember to thank that gall bladder for all the hard work we've put it through, and know that if you need me to bring mine over, you have only to call. My gall bladder is your gall bladder, and as I've told you in the past, I'd even give you a kidney.

Get well soon!