Pages

4.14.2005

Discovering An Old Favorite Love

I completely forgot how much I love net radio Live365. While reading my favorite blogs a few minutes ago, it occurred to me that it has been ages since I listened to some net radio. I went to the Live365 site, signed in, and I’m now listening to Bob Dylan in a live performance of “Friend Of The Devil,” a song my band and I used to play back in the early 80’s (my lead guitarist was a big Dead fan). Wow! This could keep me up all night! Someday I really need to become a premium member...



This was a great day. I got a lot accomplished and kept my energy level throughout the day. I took care of all my houseplants; I have two green thumbs and eight green fingers and have dozens of plants. I’m the person everyone brings their sick plants to; the big bay window seat here in our bedroom is our “plant hospital” and is full of plants that were once near death, but are now thriving. I love plants, and since we can’t have pets they fill that void. I also watered the backyard for the first time this season, pulled some weeds, filled the bird feeder (again!), and did some general yard work. I also spent thirty minutes programming the sprinkler system. I think I’ve gotten it and the house’s thermostat down now. Only took me eight months…

I’m really loving this station. Peter, Paul & Mary, Buffy Ste. Marie, Gordon Lightfoot, Dylan…